The Initial Orthodontic Exam
Before any treatments can begin, an initial exam is scheduled which allows us to get acquainted and determine the basic nature of the problem. The initial exam is complementary in our office.
Call us today to make an appointment at:
During the initial orthodontic exam, your needs will be carefully evaluated. Procedures will be explained in detail and you have the opportunity to ask questions, such as:
- Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
- When should it be started?
- How much does orthodontic treatment cost?
- How long will it take?
These questions always require a diagnostic records to gather more detailed information for a proper diagnosis of the malocclusion.
The diagnostic dental records collected at our office consists of:
- Photographs of the facial features and teeth.
- X-rays – usually consisting of a panoramic and cephalometric view showing relative positions of the teeth and the supporting structures.
- A set of digital diagnostic models of the patient’s teeth and supporting structures.
- A detailed clinical exam to document oral problems and concerns.
Depending on the severity of the problem and scheduling restraints in the office, these visits can usually be combined and sometimes all done the same day, saving you multiple trips to the office.
We are honored to help you, so please feel free to contact our office if there are any questions or concerns that we can help you with before and after the initial visit to our office.